Monday, November 2, 2015

Shabby Chic

For Make My Monday this week the theme is Shabby Chic. I made a journal page for this challenge. The journal I used is my favorite size to work in. It is 9" x 9", made by Aquabee and has heavy grade paper (93#).

I began by spraying the page with Tattered Angels glimmer mists in Vintage Pink, It's Blue and Atlantic. After the sprays dried, I used a damp paintbrush and applied Tim Holtz Picket Fence over the page to tone down the glimmer. Then I stenciled on some leaves and flowers.

I used an image of a little girl who looks to me as if she is praying. The words on the image say "My Papa". I added wings to her and a pink doily behind her. I used a Spellbinders die to cut the heart. A piece of music paper which I stamped with leaves was also added to the page. Finally, I tore a piece of tissue paper and glued it to the top left corner of the page.

We hope you will join us this week with a Shabby Chic project of your own!

3 comments:

Marina said...

Love how you made her an angel and added the mnusic paper etc - lovely!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fliss said...

This is really gorgeous Joan. Such a beautiful layered page with such pretty elements.
Fliss xx