Friday, August 18, 2017

By the Shore

The Gecko Galz customer challenge this month is "By the Shore". I made two cards for this theme and I'd like to share them with you.

The first card uses an image from Sea Side Icons. The image was sized, fussy cut and layered over a background oval, which I die cut out of "Beach Front" paper (By the Shore paper pack). I cut a second image of the girl and pop dotted her over the girl in the shell. I added a small doily behind her head first. The word "love" is punched from a Teresa Collins punch. I also added two small blue flowers above the word love. The card base is white.

The second card uses an image from the "Cuties by the Shore" collage sheet. The background paper is "In Marble Halls" which was embossed with a bubbles embossing folder. I added the Hello word sticker and some die cut seashells to the card. The card base is blue.

Next I have two cards made with images from the "Paper Lanterns" collage sheets. Background papers are from the Gypsy Market paper pack. Both card bases are white.

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, love the images and papers you used, too. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! LOVING the vintage feel to them!!!!!!!!!!

chrissie said...

Lots of wonderful makes Joan with beautiful images

Love Chrissie xx

My name is Erika. said...

Those are gorgeous cards Joan. I don't know which one I like best but I am partial to the ocean. :) Hugs-Erika

Michele said...

you've made some stunning projects for gecko galz this month -- just gorgeous! xo

MsMad said...

Lovely samples of your work, all these project on By the sea make me miss California.

Electra said...

Beautiful, beautiful projects!!