Friday, March 24, 2017

Birds & Nests

The newest theme at Tag Tuesday is "Birds & Nests". I do love to watch the birds at the feeders in our backyard. We get a large variety and I keep a birding journal to record what I see. Lots of woodpeckers come to the suet feeder, including two large pileated woodpeckers. Of course, the squirrels, bunnies and chipmunks browse among the dropped birdseed looking for a snack. It's loads of fun to see them all!

I made a few tags for this challenge. I hope that you will make a tag and join us at Tag Tuesday!

For my first tag, I used a sprayed tag and then added a doily, Gecko Galz bird which I fussy cut and some pink SU twine. I also used the word stickers "Fine feathers make fine birds". I die cut a pink tag reinforcement from the Tim Holtz tag die set.

For my second tag, I used a kraft tag as the base and covered it with Tim Holtz vellum. The die cut is from Tim Holtz, the yellow finch is from K&Company and I painted the egg. (I buy flat backed wooden eggs from the craft store, paint them blue and then speckle on brown paint.)

And now my third and final tag - it is made from a tag I covered with patterned paper, Gecko Galz image, bird sticker and a GG nest that I chalked.

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, Joan, you really went to town with three tags, one lovelier than the other, thanks so much for your support! The first one has my fave GG birdie, too. Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

All the tags are wonderful Joan with great ideas

Love Chrissie xx

WendyK said...

Three gorgeous tags Joan, I think the middle one is my favourite.

Michele said...

these are all so bright and beautiful! wonderfully done! xo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! LOVING those birds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theresa said...

thanks for visiting my blog :-) Wow - three tags?! Well done, they are all lovely, but the first is my favourite, as I love blues and greens, and a bit of pink. Theresa.