Monday, September 21, 2015

Nature

I love this time of year - the end of summer and the beginning of fall. I'm ready for less heat and less bugs! The bees have been especially numerous this year. When the theme of Nature for Make My Monday was announced, I decided to make a bee card.

This bee stamp has been in my stamp cabinet for a long time and I'd never used it before. (One of my goals - use my stamps!!!). The stamp is from Stampers Anonymous. I colored the bee, foliage and ribbon with Stampin' Up markers: Baked Brown Sugar, Hello Honey, Bliss Blue, Green Galore & Tangelo Twist. Then I die cut the stamped piece with a scallop die by Lifestyle Crafts.

I used black cardstock to make the card base, which was layered with a yellow paper from Authentique. The blue doily was cut using a Sizzix die.

Please join us at Make My Monday this week by linking up a nature themed project that you've made. Also, check out the rest of the design team's awesome nature cards! Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Marina said...

Really lovely ornate vintage look.

Fliss said...

Fabulously colourful card Joan. Love the layering and focal image.
Fliss xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! LOVING the colors and the bee!!!!!!!!!!!!