Monday, May 5, 2014

Today I am sharing two projects I made with products from Gecko Galz. The first is a printer's tray. I combined two popular trends to make this tray – mustaches and steampunk!

The images from “Who’s the Man” collage sheets were perfect for this. I sized all the images and background papers to 2.75” by 3.75” in Photoshop. I mounted everything onto cardstock and then I added my embellishments. Two of the men I used (top left and bottom right) didn’t have mustaches, so I added one to each from my stash. The Gecko Galz clock and top hat were also sized in Photoshop. The "Who's the Man" images were glued to Scrabble tiles and the others were pop dotted in each section.

Gecko Galz supplies used: Who’s the Man sheets #1 and 2 Digital images – top hat & man (top left opening) from Gentlemans Club stamp set Clock (Time Flies) Background papers – Houndstooth (from Dapper Dan papers), Letters to Juliet (Star Crossed papers), Fair Verona (Star Crossed papers), Garden Trellis (The Secret Garden papers)

My second project is a tag featuring a Gecko Galz image. I used a manila tag and inked it with two colors of distress inks. I then misted the tag lightly with water. When it was dry, I stenciled it with Tim Holtz's doily stencil. I sized the image in Photoshop and then applied it and my embellishments to the tag. The image is from Nature's Bliss Jewel It.

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! These are fabulous!!! LOVING the vintage feel to them!!!

Wendy said...

Two wonderful projects Joan. I love your altered tray. Great way to display the wonderful Gecko Galz images. Love all the mustaches!

Your tag is feminine and pretty. Beautifully crafted.