Monday, October 19, 2015

Inchies or Twinchies!

Can you believe it's Monday already?! For Make My Monday's challenge this week, we all made projects using inchies and/or twinchies. Check out the great dt inspiration here.

For my card, I cut the blue cardstock into 2" squares (twinchies). The squares with the women on them are 1.5" in size. They are made of chipboard which I covered in paper, inked the edges and added rub ons. The pictures of the women were sized in Photoshop, fussy cut and adhered to the chipboard squares.

These were layered onto the blue squares and then onto patterned paper. The card base is brown, with a SU seam binding ribbon at the top. The words "home is where your story begins" is a sticker from my stash.

I added the words "love" and "family" to two of the ladies. One of them has the number 3 on her square (three sisters). These women were sisters in real life - I purchased an old picture at an antiques store with their names written on the back. I often wonder how their lives turned out. Did they ever marry? Have children? I guess I will never know...

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marina said...

How lovely to think of these as real people - I am sure they could never have predicted that their images would be part of your fabulous artwork in 2015. Great challenge Joan!

Fliss said...

Fabulous card Joan and your 3 ladies look so lovely on the inchie backgrounds.
Fliss xx

Mac Mable said...

What a lovely idea to use real photos and the card having a story. Loving your attention to detail and such a classy and inspirational card x

Michele said...

I love your tiny creations they are just beautiful! xo